- Douglas Browne Ordination and Installation -- 3:00 p.m., July 17, Columbus Westminster Church
- Presbytery Stated Meeting -- 3:30 - 7:30 p.m., September 20, Newark First Church
- Older Adult Rally -- 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., September 24, Geneva Hills Center, Lancaster. Watch for Information.
- Fall Youth Rally -- 2:00 - 6:00 p.m., September 25, Geneva Hills Center, Lancaster. Watch for Information.
- Deborah Bowsher Installation -- 3:00 p.m., October 9, Mt. Gilead First Church
- Presbytery-wide Cooperative Mission Work Trip -- October 23-29, Georgetown SC. Watch for Information.
- Church Professionals' Retreat -- November 6-8, Deer Creek State Park Lodge, Mt. Sterling. Watch for Information.
- 2017 Winter Youth Retreats -- January 20-22 and February 10-12, 2017
Events Beyond the Presbytery
- 222nd General Assembly -- June 18-25, Portland, OR. INFO.
- Covenant Gathering -- July 3-8, Michindoh Conference Center, Hillsdale, MI. INFO
- Presbyterian Youth Triennium -- July 19-23, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN. INFO.
- New Wilmington Mission Conference -- July 23-30, Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA. INFO.
- Association of Retired Ministers, Spouses and Survivors and Presbyterian Older Adult Ministry Network Annual Conference -- October 11-14, Richmond, VA.
Today's Good News
May 17 Presbytery Highlights
Highlights from the Presbytery Meeting included:
A focus on the ordination vow to "pray for and seek to serve the people with energy, intelligence, imagination and love." This meeting featured an emphasis on intelligence.
- Worship with special guest preacher, The Reverend Susan Krummel, Director of Mid-Council Ministries, Office of the General Assembly and the Presbyterian Mission Agency. Sue offered inspiring and challenging words in her sermon on "Wisdom, Intelligence and Grace."
- Commissioning of Certified Ruling Elder Charlene Baughman to serve as a chaplain in Delaware and Marion hospitals. Charlene is a graduate of the Presbytery's lay pastor training program, and served the Lee Street Presbyterian Church as a commissioned lay pastor prior to her ministry work as a chaplain.
- Words of thanks and congratulations to the 26 PSV congregations who have already completely paid their total per capita for 2016. The churches are: Amesville, Alexander, Chillicothe First, Indianola, Overbrook, Ramseyer, Westminster, Old Stone, West Berlin, Dublin, Frankfort, Mifflin, Pisgah-Mt.Pleasant, Iberia, Jackson First, London First, Forest Lawn, Lee Street, Middleport First, Moriah, Sardis, Ostrander, Outville, Midway, Rushcreek and Wilkesville First.
- Sharing of mission work by Mission Co-Workers Barry and Shelly Dawson serving in Southeast Asia.
- Video update from Michael and Rachel Ludwig on their mission work in Niger.
- Celebration of the retirements of Steve Merold and Cynthia McKay.
- Recognition of Certified Ruling Elders Bob Gustafson, Ann Moody and Jim Boggs upon the completion of the "CRE" training program.
- Satisfactory Examination for the ordination of Candidate Douglas Browne. Doug has been offered a call by the Westminster Presbyterian Church.
The DRAFT MINUTES for the meeting are now available for review.